1. The purpose of this organization is to encourage handweaving, exchange weaving ideas, and promote the spirit of friendly cooperation among those who practice the art of handweaving.
2. Membership consists of persons who have an interest in handweaving and related crafts.
3. Officers are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Program Coordinator. The President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer are elected for one-year terms. The Program Coordinator is to be appointed by the president.
4.New officers are nominated at the April meeting and elected at the May meeting of each year.
5. Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month, except July, August and December.
6. Dues are $35 per year, payable at the September meeting. Persons becoming new members after the first of February pay $20 for the half year. An Associate or low-income membership is available for $20 per year (with full privileges), a sustaining membership is available for over $35 per year, and a couple/family membership is available for $40 per year.
7.New persons wishing to become members give their names, addresses, and phone numbers to the Treasurer, and pay the required dues.
8. The membership list may not be used for anything except Guild or weaving business without prior approval of the officers.
9. These bylaws may be amended by the majority vote of members present or represented by proxy at any regular meeting.